Work Day July 2

Today: Neil’s arms nearly dropped off, or they felt they were about to as he finished paint scraping the rear wall of the cabin.

LCP Cabin Paint Stripped 2.jpg

See the attached photos for the ‘uncovered’ ID labels on the side of the LCP, long since painted over but now exposed to daylight once more.

LCP cabin ID 1.jpg


LCP cabin ID 2.jpg

I started some painting – at last! The cable ducts on the cabin behind ‘M’ rack have plugs and sockets that are part of M Rack units and as such the mounting plate is painted in Hammerite ‘hammered’ grey, at least they were originally. Grey hammered Hammerite is no longer available. I sourced a tin of obviously old stock from eBay. You will also see from one of the photos the black painted surrounds of four cable ducts. The black paint is plastic primer as the housing here is glass fibre. Apart from the items currently in Hammerite the rest will be NATO Green. As I had the grey Hammerite open I also did a bit of touching up in the LCP to hide scratches and chips in paintwork. Note the old and new photo of the securing latches used on covers – good old eBay again. I purchased a couple of sets of these latches this week.

Latch Clips.jpg


Off-site I continue to do battle with trying to fault find GL Processors. The ME153 is a closed loop in that it the master clock pulse is stopped whenever there is a problem on the unit. I’m looking at how I can inject a clock pulse, if it’s possible.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.